Using a skillet or a pan is a great way to reheat pizza. Although an oven is considered the best method to reheat leftover pizza by chefs and food enthusiasts. However, if you do not have access to an oven at the moment, a skillet can be used to do the same. Interestingly, the skillet does an equally great job. In this article, we have mentioned simple steps to reheat pizza in a skillet.
Follow these steps to reheat pizza in a skillet:
- The first step is to preheat the skillet on medium to high flame for 2-3 minutes. Ensure you do not overheat it, or the bottom part of your pizza will be hard. Therefore, it is important to preheat the skillet moderately.
- Once your skillet is hot enough, place your pizza slices into it. Depending on the thickness and the number of slices, you can increase or decrease the flame.
- Add a few drops of water to the skillet as the pizza starts to get a little crunchy from the crust. Ensure that the drops are towards the corner and do not come in contact with pizza.
- Use a lid to cover the skillet for 2-3 minutes toward the end of the process. Doing so will help the upper part of the pizza regain its softness and allow the cheese to melt. Your pizza is ready to be relished.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can you reheat pizza in a cast-iron skillet?
Cast-iron skillets are most recommended for reheating pizza as the bottom black part of the skillet makes the crust crunchy, and the toppings get heated evenly. Your pizza will be done perfectly as the cheese starts to sizzle.
How do you heat up pizza in a pan with water?
As you place your pizza into a pan or a skillet, sprinkle a few droplets of water towards the corners of the pan, away from the pizza. Doing so creates steam, ensuring that toppings and cheese get warmed up evenly.
How do you reheat a deep-dish pizza in a cast-iron skillet?
To reheat a deep-dish pizza in a cast-iron skillet, turn off the flame on medium-high flame and brush some olive oil over it. Place the deep-dish pizza in the skillet and cover it with a lid for about 3-6 minutes; your pizza will be as good as new.
Can you put the pizza in a skillet?
Reheating pizza in a skillet is one of the best methods to enjoy the leftover pizza. To reheat pizza in a skillet, preheat on medium to high flame and place into it. Make sure to cover the skillet with a lid to create steam; this steams heats up toppings and cheese.
We hope this article made it easy for your readers to understand the process of reheating pizza in a skillet through simple steps. It’s time to reheat and enjoy that leftover pizza from last night.
Stay tuned for more such pizzalicious content!
Also Read: Can you eat 3-day-old pizza not refrigerated?