Reheating pizza in a pan with water is quite an underrated method. Although the oven is considered the best method to reheat the pizza, skillets do not lag in making that leftover pizza crunchy again. Adding a few droplets of water to the pan while heating it is a step many people aren’t aware of. This article will discuss reheating pizza in a pan with water.
Reheating pizza in a pan with water
- Start by heating the skillet on medium to high flame. Ensure you do not overheat the skillet to avoid making the bottom of the pizza too hard. Check Amazon for some great options.
- As your skillet starts to heat up, brush some olive oil on the skillet. You can avoid this step if your pizza is greasy or covered with sauces.
- After heating the skillet for a couple of minutes, place your pizza slices onto it. Cook the pizza slices for about 4 minutes, till the crust gets crunchy and the cheese melts.
- Sprinkle a few droplets of water towards the corner of the skillet, preferably away from the pizza, to avoid making it soggy.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or a plate and cook for 2 minutes, generating some steam. This steam will allow the toppings and cheese to heat up thoroughly, help the upper part of the pizza regain its softness, and allow the cheese to melt. Your pizza is ready to be enjoyed.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Can you reheat pizza in a cast-iron skillet?
Cast-iron skillets are most recommended for reheating pizza as the bottom black part of the skillet makes the crust crunchy, and the toppings get heated evenly. Your pizza will be done perfectly as the cheese starts to sizzle.
2. How do you heat pizza in a pan with water?
As you place your pizza into the pan or a skillet, sprinkle a few droplets of water towards the corners of the pan, away from the pizza. Doing so creates steam, ensuring that toppings and cheese get warmed up evenly.
3. How do you reheat a deep-dish pizza in a cast-iron skillet?
To reheat a deep-dish pizza in a cast-iron skillet, turn the flame to medium-high and brush some olive oil over it. Place the deep-dish pizza in the skillet and cover it with a lid for about 3-6 minutes; your pizza will be as good as new.
4. Can you put the pizza in a skillet?
Reheating pizza in a skillet is one of the best methods to enjoy the leftover pizza. To reheat pizza in a skillet, preheat on medium to high flame and place the pizza into it. Cover the skillet with a lid to create steam; this steams heats toppings and cheese.
We hope that article gave our readers some interesting information about reheating pizza in a pan with water. Try this method and let us know if your pizza turned out well.
Also Read: Does refrigerating bread prevent mold?