Florida’s Natural Orange Juice has been reported to have a positive taste, outperforming other leading juice brands. Florida’s Natural Growers, the brand behind this delicious juice, switched from an all-Florida not-from-concentrate (NFC) orange juice to a blend of Florida NFC and Mexican Valencia from-concentrate orange juice. This change was prompted by the decline in Florida’s orange crop and the increasing consumer demand. Despite these changes, Florida’s Natural orange juice continues to provide high-quality products and a great taste.
Florida Orange Juice: A Healthy Choice?
One 8-oz. glass of Florida’s Natural orange juice a day provides a plethora of vitamins and nutrients:
- Vitamin C: Supports the immune system, aids in iron absorption, and promotes healthy skin.
- Vitamin D: Absorbs calcium for stronger bones and supports the immune system.
- Potassium: Maintains healthy blood pressure and electrolyte balance.
- Folate: Boosts brain and spine health, and aids in normal cell growth for children.
- Thiamin: Helps the body’s cells grow and develop, providing energy throughout the day.
|PASTEURIZED ORANGE JUICE||The main component is freshly squeezed oranges.|
|TRICALCIUM CITRATE||Calcium source.|
|VITAMIN D3||Supplement for enhanced nutritional value.|
Note: The above ingredients are from a recent product and may differ from older products. The product’s manufacturer or packager may change the product’s packaging at any time.
Is Florida’s Natural Orange Juice from Concentrate?
The blend of Florida’s Natural orange juice has changed from all-Florida Not From Concentrate (NFC) to a mix of Florida NFC and Mexican Valencia from-concentrate OJ. Due to the declining crop in Florida and growing consumer demand, the addition of Mexican Valencia orange juice concentrate has been made. Yet, it still tastes better than other leading brands according to taste tests.
Florida Orange Juice Has No Added Sugar
A common misconception is that orange juice is filled with added sugars. But with Florida’s Natural orange juice, what you taste is naturally occurring sugars developed as the oranges grow on the trees. Words like “beverage, drink, -ade, punch, or cocktails” usually indicate that it is not 100% fruit juice. Florida Orange Juice offers amazing benefits: no added sugar, folate, potassium, vitamin C, and great taste
- How to Identify Added Sugar: Look for labels that say 100% orange juice. Words like “beverage, drink, -ade, punch, or cocktails” usually indicate that it’s not pure fruit juice.
- Sugar and Calories: Unlike table sugar, the natural sugar in 100% orange juice comes with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It’s a nutrient-rich food and a great substitution for nutrient-poor options.
Florida’s Natural orange juice remains a nutritious beverage option that offers numerous health benefits. With its blend of natural ingredients and no added sugars, it is a delightful and healthy choice for daily consumption. As always, reading labels and understanding what goes into your orange juice can ensure you enjoy all the health benefits this sunny drink has to offer.
1. What is the best Florida orange for juice?
VALENCIA ORANGES are considered Florida’s best juicing orange with unmatched flavor. Introduced by the Spaniards, they are also delicious when sliced or used in fruit salads. Their golden juice and potential healthful benefits from chlorophyll make them a favorite.
2. Which orange juice is the healthiest?
Not all orange juices are created equal. Fresh-squeezed or 100% orange juice is considered the healthier option. Orange juice’s complex production process, including washing, squeezing, pasteurizing, and blending, ensures that what you drink is more than a sweet beverage; it’s a natural and healthy choice.
3. Can I drink natural orange juice every day?
Yes, orange juice is more than a delicious drink; it’s packed with benefits. It’s a source of vitamins C and D, potassium, folate, antioxidants, and more. Opting for fortified, 100% orange juice ensures that you’re enjoying a nutrient-dense beverage that promotes overall health. However, moderation is key, and labels should be read to choose the right product.