Who does not like chocolate? Indulging in chocolate treats while maintaining a healthy lifestyle may seem challenging. However, chocolate rice cakes have become a popular snacking option that compromises taste and nutrition. In this article, we will discuss whether chocolate rice cakes are healthy.
Are chocolate rice cakes healthy?
Let us see how healthy they are:
Chocolate Rice Cakes contain the following ingredients:
Whole Grain Brown Rice, Sugar, Fructose, Milk Chocolate Chips (Sugar, Chocolate Liquor, Dry Whole Milk, Cocoa Butter, Soy Lecithin, Vanilla [an Artificial Flavor]), Maltodextrin, Cocoa, Sunflower Oil (with Tocopherols Added to Preserve Freshness), Natural and Artificial Flavor, Salt, Soy Lecithin.
|S. No.||Criteria||Chocolate Rice Cakes|
|2.||Artificial ingredients||It depends on the manufacturer. In some cases, yes, as it contains vanilla and other artificial flavors.|
|3.||Level of Processing||Home Made: LowFactory Made: High|
Nutritional Info Analysis:
We shall now investigate the nutritional value of Quaker Rice Crisps
|S. No.||Head||Nutritional Facts per Serving (One Rice Cake)|
|5.||Dietary Fiber||0 g|
Based on the above-detailed analysis, we can easily conclude for whom this product is suitable.
|S. No.||Suitable for||Chocolate Rice Cake|
Excessive consumption of rice cakes can lead to a blood sugar spike, which is unsuitable for people with diabetes. Also, it may or may not be gluten-free since regular rice cakes are gluten-free; however, when it comes to chocolate-flavored, one needs to check which milk is used and its ingredients. Gluten-free chocolate rice cakes are also available.
Pros & Cons
Before concluding, let’s review the pros and cons of chocolate rice cakes to understand if they are healthy.
- Rice cakes are easy to carry anywhere as they are portable and versatile since you can eat them with various kinds of butter, sauces, and dips.
- It has a lower calorie content, better than potato chips.
- It is made with puffed rice and rice flour; occasionally, additional ingredients, including grains, sugar, salt, and flavoring, are used to make rice cakes.
- They do not have many nutrients, although they often have low-calorie counts.
- There is no fiber present.
- Low in vitamins and minerals.
- Some chocolate rice cakes may be high in sugar and artificial flavors.
Verdict: Are Chocolate Rice Cakes Healthy?
Chocolate rice cakes are a healthy snack option if you indulge in them occasionally. This product can be included in your weight loss plan, and gluten-free options are also available.
1. Which brands of rice cakes are good?
Here is a list of rice cake brands:
- Quaker Assorted Flavors Gluten-Free Rice Cakes, 6-Pack.
- Shibolim Chocolate Drizzled Whole Grain Rice Cakes, 3-Pack.
- Suzie’s Gluten-Free Organic Thin Rice Cakes, 12-Pack.
- Dang Vegan Sriracha Spice Thai Rice Cakes.
- Drizzilicious Birthday Cake Flavor Mini Rice Cakes.
2. Which rice cake is healthier?
When cooked with brown rice, rice cakes are more nutritious. Whole brown rice has more protein, lipids, minerals, and vitamins than refined white rice.
You may also like to read Are Rice Cakes Healthier Than Bread?